Monday, August 12, 2013

SELF DESCRIPTION


ABOUT MYSELF!



This is my second post and its about myself.  My name is Brian Lee and I am 16 years old.  I was born in Seoul, Korea but moved to an island called Saipan.  Saipan is a beautiful little island that is famous for its beaches.  I came to Saipan to learn english and is planning on staying here until i graduate high school which is in 2015.

First, I want to write about my school life.  I am a junior at Saipan International School.  I am really worried about this year because I know it's going to be difficult with two AP courses while also studying for the SAT test.  I had one AP course last year and I found out how difficult and confusing it is.  I know that I have to put in a lot more time than it seems.  I still enjoy my school life because it isn't like what it is in Korea where they spend ALL their time studying.  When I think that my school work is too stressful for me, I just think of what it will be like in Korea.


Secondly, my hobby is to watch movies.  I also enjoy watching movies, especially horror movies.  Since I lived on the island of Saipan for a long time, I've tried out all the fun activities on Saipan.  Since there aren't anything new and fun to do anymore, I watched movies.  After watching a lot of movies and learning what the lesson of the movie is, I started to enjoy watching movies and became my hobby.  The reason I really enjoy watching movies is that all the movies have their own character and color.  I chose horror movies as my favorite movies because I enjoy the thrill that they give.


I don't really like sports except for soccer.  I enjoy playing soccer and watching soccer.  When it is time for the World Cup, I get really excited and watch every match.  I also got to like diving and snorkeling because Saipan has many beautiful corals and fishes.  I didn't really like the water before but living in Saipan made me to like it.  It showed me a whole new underwater world.  When compared to Korean oceans, Saipan wins by a long shot.



Since I wrote about my hobby, now I'm going to write about what I hate, my fears.

What I really hate most in the world is frogs.  It already disgusts me by just talking about it.  I didn't always hate frogs.  When I was seven years old, I accidentally stepped on a frog and it died.  It didn't just die, it POPPED.  After seeing the frog that I stepped on pop and struggle and die, I started to hate frogs.  That trauma is still with me today, nine years after that happened.  I also hate everything that is related to the frog. For example, the color that I hate most is green and I hate movie characters and dolls that are frogs (even though they are supposed to be cute).

Another thing I really don't like is shopping.  I don't mind just going to the market and getting things that we need (although even that is kind of boring).  What I hate is when we go around the whole department store looking at things that all look the same.  Going to see a dress here, then going there to see another dress, then coming back to compare, and so on.

Nobody can describe anyone including oneself perfectly.  These are some of my main characteristics. So hope you get to understand my hobbies and my fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment