Wednesday, August 28, 2013

7 Deadly Sins

                                                      7 Deadly Sins

Today’s blog is to talk about the seven deadly sins.  The seven deadly sins include Pride, Envy, Gluttony, Lust, Anger, Greed, and Sloth.  Pride is excessive belief in one’s abilities, also known as vanity.  Envy is the desire for others’ traits, statuses, abilities, or situation.  Gluttony is the desire to consume more than that which one requires.  Lust is the cravings for the pleasures of the body.  Anger is wrath.  Greed is the desire for material wealth or gain.  Sloth is the avoidance of physical or spiritual work.
             I think the guiltiest sin that applies to me is sloth or greed.  I am a lazy person.  Everyone is lazy.  I always look for shortcuts and an easier way out to do everything.  I hate when someone tell me to do something especially when I am all relaxed and comfy.  For example, if I am lying down on the couch watching TV and all relaxed and someone tells me to get something for them, it makes me feel like not getting up.  I’m not saying that I lay down in bed all day and all night and not move and inch.  I’m the kind of person that relaxes when I need to and works when I need to.  I like to go out and play with friends.  That’s the when the laziness comes in.  The laziness comes in when I am resting and relaxing but something I have to do appear.  Another example of laziness that I have is waking up in the morning.  I always tell myself,” 1 more minute, 2 more minutes” because I am lazy to wake up.  This continues on and on and ends up being late for school.  I also do my homework and studying at the last minute.  I always try to tell myself that its better to do it in advance but always end up procrastinating.  This procrastination takes up a lot of my sleep time and therefore makes me tired.
             My next sin is greediness.  Greediness, as stated above, is the desire for material wealth or gain.  The important part is that it is the desire for material wealth or gain, IGNORING THE REALM OF THE SPIRITUAL.  It ignores reality and just makes the desire to want something.  I personally believe that everyone has greed.  Even though it might not seem so, such as people who don’t care about money, but they all have some sort of greed in their own way.  For example, the people who don’t care about money might look as if they have no greed but actually they have greed on something else they want.  The reason I think that I have greediness is because when I see someone have something really nice, I start wanting it.  Another thing is, I like money.  I would never refuse if someone gives me money, even if it’s over the amount that I actually need.  I still don’t steal or anything, greed is just a feeling, not an action.

             I chose these two sins because I think they are the most common sins that I do.  To be honest, all those 7 deadly sins describe me.  Anyways, these are the reasons why I apply with the two sins I chose.  Wait up for my next blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment