Thursday, December 12, 2013

LIFE MEANING

What’s the meaning of life?
            The meaning of life to me is fun and happiness.  There is studying and working and hard times in life but that is all done to become happy in the future.  Think about it, if we knew we weren’t going to have a happy life even after graduating from the top college, why would we study?  Why would we work if that doesn’t bring happy times in the end?  All efforts that humans put into their lives are all because they dream of happiness.  Of course, this “happiness” differs with every person because everyone has different interests and hobbies. 
            I am in school right now writing this blog because I want to get a good grade on my report card for journalism class, which will help me get into a good college which will then lead me to a happy life in the end.  If I believed that all this effort I am putting in won’t bring me any happiness, I wouldn’t have even come to school today and just sleep until I get hungry.
            The reason why people commit suicide is because they have lost the meaning of life, happiness.  Since there is no meaning of life for them, it would be same as being dead but just your body being functional.  But I think committing suicide is the dumbest thing ever.  If it is a situation where you are in a hospital at an old age having a hard time and just want to end it, that I understand.  Everyone including you know you are going to die due to an illness, and it hurts to just stay laying down, and all the people in your family feel sorry and don’t know what to do, it is better to just end it faster.  If it is someone that is still at a young age and thinking of committing suicide just because he feels sad, that’s stupid.  My dad once said to me that if you have the courage to commit suicide, you have the courage to do anything in the world.  With that brave spirit, it would be better if that person just started a new life.  He told me this when I was really young but I still remember it because I completely agreed.
           
           

            

No comments:

Post a Comment