Thursday, December 12, 2013

WHAT IS HAPPINESS

Today’s prompt is to talk about the question, “What is Happiness?”
This is a hard topic to talk about because everyone has a different definition of happiness.  For some, it might be money, and for some it might be health, and so on.  To me, happiness is something that makes my life more entertaining.
The first thing is watching movies.  I just love to watch movies.  They are my hobby.  The reason I really like watching movies is because when I watch a movie, everyone on my mind is gone including the bad things.  I just concentrate on the movie and forget for a while about things that cause me stress.  For example, school.  When I watch a movie, I forget about what I did in school, what I need to do for school, and so forth.  This might sound bad because it might lead to the conclusion that if I watch movies, my grades will go down.  I totally disagree.  When I watch a movie, all my stress is gone and I can concentrate on my work better.  On the other hand, if my mind is full of stress, I get lazy and procrastinate. 
The second happiness in my life is eating.  This has a similar effect as watching a movie; I forget my stress.  I also like to try out many different kinds of foods from many different countries.  Food is just plain happiness.  Eating brings me joy.  The fact that I attend an international school is great for me because I got to try out many different foods from all different kinds of places. 
Another happiness is friends.  I like to play with my friends because it is just pure fun.  I would like to go on a vacation only with my friends with nobody telling me what we can do and what we cannot do.  This isn’t a realistic wish because I am still a student, but when I get a little older, I would really like to fulfill this wish.
Since everyone has a difference definition of happiness, I guarantee that some people won’t agree to my happiness, but that isn’t wrong.  I guarantee that I won’t agree to some people’s happiness too.  That is what happiness is, what brings joy and happiness.  It’s that simple.  JOY.
It is easy to know what is one’s joy and doing the things that bring them joy but the hard thing is to maintain that happiness.  Maintaining one’s happiness might sound easy but it isn’t actually easy in the real world.  For example, one’s happiness is to stay with his family.  He will have many obstacles to this such as things like work, distance, and so on.  Another example is my grandfather.  His joy is health, being healthy is his goal of happiness.  But this isn’t easy because he is getting older year by year.  He does try his best to maintain his happiness but it is just nature for one to get unhealthy as age gets older.

As you can see, everyone has their own definition of happiness and maintaining that happiness is what is truly important.

No comments:

Post a Comment